Pumpkin Bread Infused With Coconut Oil
Fall is is our favourite time of year and we could not be happier that it’s finally arrived! The changing colours, crisp air and falling leaves make it a great time to slow down by indulging in all of the traditional fall favourites. While looking for creative ways to use our infused coconut oil, we figured what better dish than our favourite pumpkin bread recipe – after all, nothing says fall like filling the house with the inviting smells of sweet autumn spices!
This recipe is very easy to make and creates one whole loaf – the slices help to create smaller servings. The cream cheese icing is a great addition to the super moist bread – the recipe says it is optional but in our house it definitely is not. Simply substituting out the coconut oil for an infused one creates a perfect treat to enjoy with friends and family over the holidays! Best of all, the slices can be frozen for later (individually wrapped is suggested) and are a great gift for special friends.
When cooking with coconut oil keep in mind that it comes infused with either THC or CBD, so the effects will vary depending on the amount used. We opted for 400mg of THC coconut oil from Miss Envy in our bread, which provided a mild body high after a large piece. We recommend starting with just a slice, as over indulging with infused desserts is easy to do. If you really want to mix things up, feel free to add 2/3 cup of chocolate chips or nuts and personalize it just the way you like it!
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp ground cloves
3/4 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
1/2 cup coconut oil melted (CBD or THC)
1/4 cup milk
1 8oz package of cream cheese softened
1/4 cup of butter softened to room temperature
1 cup of icing sugar sifted
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp of milk or maple syrup to thin (optional)
To make the Pumpkin Bread:
- Adjust oven rack to lower 1/3 position to help the bread getting too brown on top. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or line loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, spices and salt with a whisk. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, granulated sugar and brown sugar until just combined. Whisk pumpkin, coconut oil, and milk to wet mixture.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon – it will be a bit lumpy.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes and cover with aluminum foil half way through baking. Bread is finished when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let bread cool completely in pan. Remove from pan and top with cream cheese frosting (optional).
Cream Cheese Frosting
- Combine cream cheese and softened butter in a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer and mix on medium until well combined.
- Sift icing sugar into a medium bowl. With the mixer on low add icing sugar to butter/cream cheese mixture.
- Add in vanilla and pinch of salt. Mix on high until combined and fluffy. If you would like a lighter or flavoured frosting, try adding a little milk or maple syrup (optional).